The AMECEA Plenary Assembly Authority
The AMECEA Plenary Assembly meeting in business session is the supreme authority within the Association and all office bearers and other bodies of the association are ultimately answerable to this authority.
The Plenary Assembly is composed of the following:
• All members of the Episcopal Conferences that enjoy full membership.
• All members of Associate Episcopal Conferences.
• All Diocesan Bishops of Affiliated Dioceses.
• All Cardinals in or from jurisdictions in AMECEA countries.
• Papal representatives in the countries of the Member Episcopal Conferences as observers.
The Plenary Assembly meets in ordinary session after every four years. However, an extraordinary meeting can be called whenever it is deemed necessary by the Executive Board or by a majority of the full member Conferences of the Association.